Sunday, September 14, 2008

My hometown Ipoh with all my favourite delicacies

My trip back to Ipoh was really pleasant. It has been quite sometime since my last trip back to my lovely hometown. I'm really happy to see my grandmother and my cousins over there. I missed my granny so much, and we have been very closed to each other since I was kid. Being home always a good feeling for me.

It was extremely hot weather in Ipoh, so hot until I have to sit in front of a standing fan most of the time. No complaints as I'm expected to be in the oven, heh. The first thing I realised on the dining table are food, all my favourite food from my granny. 3 bowls of rice were more than enough to explain how nice my granny's cook. After dinner, I went out for Ipoh most famous food "Sar Hor Fun" ; It is a flat white rice noodle which locals believe best served in soup with shredded chicken meat and prawns. My godness, the chicken was smooth and tender. Yummy, it was mouth-watering.






After that, I went to meet up with my friends and had a cup of coffee. Good to actually catch up with them and share my stories with them. I was so excited and had a great time with all of them. I'm a very talkative guy so once I started to talk, sorry guys is hard to stop. Hehe ;-)




The next day was still the same thing, eating non stop. Morning was torturing but going to the market with my granny really makes me feel good. I used to go to the market with her every morning when I was a kid. She's old now and I'm sad to leave her there. I always wish I could spend more time with her, and I will try my best to come back more often.

My whole trip was memorable. Looking forward for my next trip back to Ipoh and of course will going to miss my granny and the food there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Visit Te Aroha Accommodation to experience our naturally hot soda spas and warm leisure pools set among the green tree ferns of Mt Te Aroha. Our magnificent mountain is an ever changing backdrop to an historic and vibrant Spa town through which the Waihou River winds its way out to the Firth of Thames.